Networking only works if you are consistent over a period of time – give yourself at least 6 months and engage both on and offline, it takes time and practice.
MNC were very honoured to be special guests of Business Support Helpline’s Twitter Hour chat as part of their October campaign to support Women in Business.
Here are the top 10 tips we talked about during the chat
- It is essential for raising your business profile and opening the doors to potential opportunities
- It is an opportunity to make new contacts and connect with current ones and let them know what you have coming up.
- Can help you find out what is going on in the wide business community and ensure you are well informed and the loop.
- A place to look for strategic partners and forge new business relationships
- Find answers to questions and find solutions to problems
- Be part of a community of like-minded individuals and know that some of your problems may have, undoubtedly been experienced and overcome by your fellow business owners
- Opportunity to identify key players in your industry. It will give you a way to connect with them and build a relationship.
- It will become part of your ongoing marketing funnel. You can start by networking online; it is an easy way to start the networking process and begin to develop your meeting skills.
- It’s a great way to engage and showcase your expertise and become the go-to person for your industry, it keeps you visible and helps build credibility.
- You can see it as a safe space populated by like-minded business owners who all have the common goal of business growth.
Bonus Tip 1 Fortune is in the follow-up
Bonus Tip 2 Networking only works if you are consistent over a period of time – give yourself at least 6 months and engage both on and offline, it takes time and practice.
Follow #BSHwomeninbiz to see all the activity for this initiative.